For further information regarding registered trademark use for the VELCRO® brand, please visit Patents & Trademarks or scroll below.
About Our Trademark
Below are guidelines for the proper use of the VELCRO® trademark, which assists us in safeguarding the integrity of the VELCRO® brand, and helps to protect consumers from products incorrectly sold as VELCRO® brand products.
We ask that you use the VELCRO® mark in accordance with the following guidelines:
1. Use the VELCRO® mark only in connection with genuine VELCRO® brand fasteners. Identify non-VELCRO® brand products by their common terms, including “hook and loop,” “touch fasteners,” “self-adhesive straps,” and so forth.
2. When referring to genuine VELCRO® brand products, use the registration symbol (®) and the word "brand" directly following the trademark. Where possible, capitalize the mark. Example: “VELCRO® brand.”
3. Follow the word "brand” with the correct generic term for the fastener or other product. For example, you might say, "Our product features genuine VELCRO® brand touch fasteners."
4. Always use the VELCRO® mark as an adjective, and never as a noun or a verb. When referring to non-VELCRO® brand hook and loop, do not use the VELCRO® mark. Examples:
Incorrect: “She prefers velcro to buttons or zippers.”
Correct: “She prefers VELCRO® brand fasteners to buttons or zippers”
Incorrect: “He leaned down to velcro his shoes.”
Correct: “He leaned down to fasten his shoes.”
5. Where possible, include a trademark notice that says: "VELCRO® is a registered trademark of Velcro Industries B. V."
If you have any questions about these use guidelines, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com.