I love fresh herbs in the kitchen! But with the busy hustle and bustle of everything that goes on in my kitchen, I get paranoid that my garden won’t stay in place, especially if they’re sitting on my windowsill. Luckily, VELCRO® Brand comes to the rescue again and I’m able to secure my adorable mini garden!
What You Need:
– Mason Jars
– Metal Bin or Basket
– VELCRO® Brand Sticky Back Fasteners or Squares
– Flags or Plant Markers (You could DIY this, too)
What To Do:
1. Cut small pieces of your VELCRO® Brand Fasteners or prepare your squares.
2. Attach one side of the square to the bottom of each mason jar.
3. Place another piece of the square to the bottom of your basket, if you want it secured to your sill.
4. Stick the opposite VELCRO® Brand square to the basket base where your jar will sit. Do the same on your sill if you attached the fastener to the bottom of your basket.
5. Plant your herbs. I planted one herb per mason jar.
6. Once planted, place the jars inside the basket and attach the basket to the sill (optional).
7. Label your flags or plant markers according to the herb type and insert into soil.
8. Enjoy your mini kitchen herb garden!